Detection of a dominant rectangle by processing a single image in order to obtain prior information for subsequent image processing algorithms including natural feature tracking (Augmented Reality).
- No assumptions about the region contents
- Automatic setting of parameters
- Efficient computation on off-the-shelf mobile devices
- Estimation of a transformation for undistortion
Notes: This approach was developed at Graz University of Technology for Bundesdruckerei GmbH.
- A. Hartl and G. Reitmayr. “Rectangular Target Extraction for Mobile Augmented Reality Applications”, Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2012